Friday, February 15, 2013

[friday loVe ~ HIS voice]

I cried in TJMax a few weeks ago.

As much as I love that store... and as emotional as I might get over an exciting bargain, :)
it wasn't about the place or a price.

It was over something that never ceases to amaze and surprise me.

And it's one of those "never ceases to amaze and surprise me" things that I hope stays just that way.
Always amazing and surprising. Despite the frequency.
Leaving me with widened eyes, allbeit perhaps at times... tearful ones.
Like a little girl on Christmas. With a treat. When it is truly better than she dreamed it would be.
And she sparkles with indescribable pleasure.

Like THAT. everytime.

Dear friends of ours had invited us over for the evening.
It was the one year anniversary of their daughter's death.

As with alot of things that life brings...
each story and person unique,
there's not a magic-one-size-fits-all-formula with details on what exactly to do... or not,
on the anniversary of something like that.
For them as grieving parents... for those of us as friends. 

I had been wishing all week prior, that I could think of something meaningful to share with them.
A little remembrance. a significant token. a something.
The kind of something that I never find when I'm looking for it.
It doesn't work that way for me. I find special presents when I don't need them.

So I found myself driving into town at the last minute, to get a pink and white balloon bouquet.
Balloons were not the answer to my mental search for ideas. They weren't the something.
But they were a something, and the kids could have fun with them.

On my way to the party store, I made what then felt like an impulsive decision to stop by TJMax.
Maybe. Just maybe. I would find that... something.
I went to the back of the store and started walking past the aisle ends, glancing down each one.
dishes. kitchen tools. pet paraphernalia. gifty stationery things.
It's strange. Looking for something when you don't even know what it is.
I felt like I was wasting my time.

I came to the home decor aisle... and... I heard it. very. clearly.
That soul whisper. His voice.

It's here. In this aisle.
And sillyslowlearning me, believing that it was Him. truly. He had spoken.
and yet, I still entertained the next thought, that it was my idea.

So I argued back in my head. no it's not. not this aisle. this is mostly large home decor items.

I remember hesitating, and then walking down that aisle to the other end anyway.
I had even thought...see? nothing. I knew that.
There's nothing here. 
I started browsing through the display of faux succulents, imagining how awesome they would look in my house.
And it was then... that I saw it.

The something. the gift that I had wanted so much to find...
A single, white, silk lily bloom in a little glass vase.

I was stunned. awestruck. my tears were the words that my lips couldn't say.
feeling gratefulness for His voice.
overwhelmed with His compassion. His grace. His l o v e.

for me. for our dear friends. for each of us.


friday loVe ~ HIS


You see, the precious baby girl who is missed so very much is...
Lilly Jane.


He loves y o u.
loves y o u.
y o u.

 

friday loVe picture ~ inspired by amber

No comments:

Post a Comment