Thursday, February 28, 2013

December 1, 1990

 

This is the picture that I had uploaded for last week, the February Friday loVe theme as inspired by Amber.
Only today is Thursday. Of another week.
It's almost March and we are now Fridayless in February of this year.
Because I am good at stating the obvious, I'll say that I'm running behind. :)


December 1, 1990 looked like this...


I'm startled when I do the math with this photo and date.

I still think that the 1990's are about ten years ago. :)
I remember hearing a thousand words spoken when I first looked at this picture a couple of decades back.
And... it still speaks.
Right now it's screaming that we were but children! ;) ha.
The abundance of words became paragraphs. months.
Paragraphs became chapters. years. And now there are volumes.
Filled with more breathtaking good and more way beyond hard
than I ever dreamed that girl and that boy were saying "I do!" to. 

And the words of a song that friends sang during our wedding service
echo through it all...

sometimes we knew it in the moment. sometimes totally not.
thankfully... truth is not dependent on our perception.
but rather clarity for our perception is dependent on truth.



Oh Lord, You Have Been Good
You Have Been Faithful to All Generations
Oh Lord, Your Steadfast Love
And Tender Mercy Have Been Our Salvation

For By Your Hand We Have Been Fed
And By Your Spirit We Have Been Led
Oh Lord

For By Your Hand We Have Been Fed
And By Your Spirit We Have Been Led
Oh Lord, Almighty God
Father Unchanging, Upright and Holy
Oh Lord, You Have Been Good

You Have Been Good
You Have Been Faithful, You Have Been Good


"God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him...
He gave me a fresh start. Now I’m alert to God’s ways; I don’t take God for granted.

Every day I review the ways He works.
God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."
Psalm 18:20-24 The Message



Oh Lord, You Have Been Good
With all that is now extremely outdated about our wedding...
some of the other songs that were a part of it too, here and here.
will never be.
at least in our heads.
hearts.
both.


What song is especially meaningful to you right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment