Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Really Very Important

Ben and I ran to Walmart the other Saturday.

{ugh. walmart. on a saturday. need i say more? ok. i will. sick kids necessitated an untimely venture there. jacob was recovering from a fever, with coughing and other cold symptoms. he was at the cantankerous stage of feeling better. sarah had the stomach bug. messy. ewwww. details on that are not rated E for everyone...}

Ran to Walmart. literally. Meaning, we pulled in the lot, parked, I hopped out of the van and started running toward the doors. It was so cold and very windy. Made sense to me. Then I heard Ben's voice in desperate, pleading tones behind me. "Mom. Don't run. Please. You're embarrassing me!"

I can run, roll my eyes and laugh outloud at the same time. I am that coordinated.

Poor Ben.

Me. Embarrassing him. humph.

{motherhood has brought me many things. high speed, bumpy road, hard to steer emotions for one. i can go from intense beaming pride and joy to complete and utter mortification * the dear merciful God, let the floor open up and swallow me* kind in about 30 seconds flat. overusing the clutch and grinding the gears every daggone time.}

I wanted to smirk. and wickedly. I felt powerful indeed. At least briefly.
They had their turn...and now {gasp} I guess I have mine?

{why is it that kids don't seem to get how cool we are?}


             IMG_7145

I recently accompanied Sarah, two busloads of kids and other enthusiastic parental chaperones and teachers
on an excursion to a nearby international airport. Southwestern Airlines offers more than "Bags Fly Free." They also have an awesome "Adopt-A-Pilot" program for students that culminates in a field trip to the airport. And it includes a free lunch. :)


        IMG_7117 IMG_7140 IMG_7119 IMG_7151 IMG_7147

{btw, can you see the relationship between subjects here? walmart. the airport. me neither.}


              IMG_7106

Anyway. It was a grand, memorable experience with my daughter, her friends and classmates.
Yes indeedy. Loved it.

But I gotta admit, the whole time I was also thinking about a certain friend.
Because in just a couple of weeks,
I will be making a trip to the same airport,
when this  gal  flies into town!!!

                                    FFE 117


I just can.not.wait.

I can't wait!!!
And I know that her Grandma and a whole bunch of other friends
are excitedly anticipating her visit as well!

{see? really very important!!!}



No comments:

Post a Comment