Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just In Case You Didn't Know

{{Just In Case You Didn't Know}}



IMG_6812


There are boats for sale in the refrigerated juice section at your local grocery. I'm convinced, that no matter where you might live, you can find the same two-for-one-deal. Boats and juice.

Just in case you didn't know.

IMG_7060

These little less-than-half boot things are the dumbest shoes I've ever purchased.
dumbest. ever.
They kill my feet.
And I suspect that they {possibly}{probably} only look good if I am sitting or standing...
i.e. not walking or moving.
But...I LoVe them!

Just in case you didn't know.

 IMG_6651

To the untrained eye, these cups just might look all plastic and tacky.
But I see beauty! order! function! We've gone from everyone getting a clean glass EveRy time they need a drink, to each kid having their own color assignment. Hence no confusion, no accidental sharing of cooties and finally! space in my dishwasher for other dishes! nice.

Just in case you didn't know.

And wanted to.
 

IMG_6576

This is what our upstairs hallway looks like most of the time. We usually have Lego projects all over the house. But this is the designated corner and windowsill where they can leave them set up indefinitely. Which works great. Except for the occassional stray piece that I tend to find only with bare feet.

Just in case you didn't know.

IMG_6681 IMG_6682

Here's the "welcome sign" on the door to the boys dorm...and Ben, cleaning out the contents of his junk drawer.

IMG_6684

I don't know which is more amazing.
What is actually in there and considered worth keeping? Or what all fits?
{kinda like dumping my purse on the kitchen table and seeing the contents expand before my eyes.}
{how did all that fit in there??? my word.}
Both intrigue me.

Just in case you didn't know.


IMG_6686

Bags like these make me HaPpY.
Because I love cleaning up and out and taking our junk no longer needed treasures to the Goodwill.

Just in case you didn't know.

IMG_7043

This is Jacob's new pet fish that he named Alvin.
A much adored Christmas present from Jared and Ben.
Not Alvin after his grandfather {sorry dad.}
Or Alvin after the Chipmunks.
No. It's Alvin after the submersible used by Dr. Robert Ballard, famed marine biologist, in his underwater expeditions.  {that's my Jacob; age 5, marine biologist-wanna-be.}

We are hoping that Alvin has at least nine lives, like a cat. He's used up I don't know how many already.
We keep finding him floating upside down, wide-eyed-and-unblinking.
Frantically we pursue such heroic life saving measures like cleaning out his bowl and...and...and...
uh...cleaning out his bowl.  

Just in case you didn't know...
about Alvin, fish and the importance of taking care of their environment...
and how funny my little son is.


 IMG_6992

We are die-hard-picnic-ers.
It was 29 degrees last weekend and here we are, eating a cold packed lunch at the playground,
outside of The National Marine Corps Museum.

{i thought of you michelle, missing ya like crazy because surely we were at least halfway to your house.}

And, just in case you didn't know... it's a fascinating place. we are always there till closing and still not finished.

IMG_7033 IMG_7035 IMG_6999 IMG_6997 IMG_7003




IMG_6624

I love maps.  I think that most of us here do
and I just counted about five hanging up around the house.

Just in case you didn't know...or ever wondered, what's with all the maps?!

{ i am thinking that those who yawned about the museum are also yawn.yawn.yawning about the maps}
{don't think that i don't know. just in case you didn't know.


IMG_6792

The International Spy Museum in D.C. is another must-see that we love.

It is rather expensive, our admittance fee recently would have been $114.00 for our family plus a friend...
except... They have monthly "Community Nights" when it is FREE! That's right! Free! Just in case you didn't know.

And I thought that you might like to know. Just in case.


IMG_6789 IMG_6793

And btw, no picture taking there at the museum at all. none. not even in the gift shop.
You will be caught, tortured and interrogated.
or worse. like me. reprimanded. so embarrassing.
what do they think I am going to do with gift shop pictures?
sell their display design secrets to tourist traps in say...Russia???
oh brother.

Just in case you needed to know.


IMG_7048

And just in case you didn't know,
Monopoly is not boring at our house. It is serious biz.
Ben creamed us the other night, again. buying up real estate, building hotels and making deals not explained in the Parker Brother's rules. He has started keeping track of the most momentous take-overs by writing dates and $$$ on the inside of the box lid. Somehow the people around here turn even a casual dice rolling game into fierce competition. 

Something that I love about them sometimes...just in case you didn't know.
{i'm not sure that i did. till just now.}




So...tell me friends.
I am curious. no.no. more than that. Interested!
{just in case you didn't know}
What is something everyday-ish! fun! or unique!
about you, your family, and your life,
that you could share here?

Just in case I didn't know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment