Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Family Out-takes

 

             silly faces

Some of these totally crack me up.

Like The Farmer's expression in the first one. The kids wanted a silly face picture. me: oh sure, have at it!  and the silliest face is worn by the only person not making one?!!!    It reminds me of the cat we had growing up. "Buster" looked just like that across the eyes when he felt cornered in a situation that he didn't want to be in.

The next one is a favorite of mine, it's just that terrible and ridiculous.

                                    23_23

And then there are some that I still don't see as funny. Like those that SoMeBoDy ruined making faces behind my back. I didn't even know it till I uploaded them. Which was after that person enjoyed his bribe reward for good behavior along with some of the other sorta cooperative children. There are no words, really. for how this mother felt when she realized that we were going to have to try to capture happy-family-togetherness-for-our-Christmas-card...again.

I enjoy hard labor and dental appointments about as much.
                   07_7 05_5

Kidding.

And maybe good parents don't bribe with arby melt roast beef sandwiches.
But I read somewhere that the sane ones do!!!
             01_1
Here we watched the light blinking for my timer as the camera slowly turned clockwise.
yet another not winner.
Lesson learned: tighten the little thingy not tightened on the tripod.

             IMG_6328

I said sorta cooperative, right?
These pictures say four words. done.we.are.done.

    edited edited3
    IMG_6325 IMG_6327
      

Did anyone else hear the story of the guy who wanted to mail Christmas cards but was too cheap to pay for postage? Yeah. He wrote his own name and address in the middle of the envelope as the recipient, instead of the sender. And the intended recipient and their address as the sender in the upper left hand corner. So when the post office returned the envelope to "the sender" for more postage? It had actually reached the intended destination.  

Sorry. but that made me laugh everytime I heard it. They repeated it alot on the Christian radio station that I listen too. I'm sure that they had a bigger, deeper point to make...but I don't recall that part.


   edited4 picnik edit



Here's hoping that you all had a meaningful Christmas season
celebrating what is bigger and deeper and most important ~ HIM! 
(and praying that it didn't look like our manger scene the way that I found it the other day...
with The Reason slipping through the cracks.  )

                               IMG_6939


Happy almost New Year friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment