Thursday, September 10, 2009

Red Shirts

I have these conversations with my boys.
It's not really about red shirts.
The red shirt thing started because between the two of them, someone is usually wearing a red shirt.
So it became a convenient visual aid.
The question is; is the shirt red because I call it red?
OR , is it red no matter what I call it ?
What if I would like to call it green and just maybe you would like to call it purple.
What if you like what your friends call it better?
What if I find a whole group of people who call it what I want it to be?
What if I don't want to call it anything?
What color would it STILL be ?

Are things what I call them or are they what they are regardless ...?
Is something wrong only if I call it wrong...or get caught ?
Does it matter if I do something Right for the Wrong reasons?
Do I want obedience only because I am in the room ?
Who Knows? Who Sees? Who Cares?

It's so much bigger than little ole' mom.
It's not about legalism.
It's that heart thing.

The shirt is red no matter what I call it.

It is red no matter what you call it.

Please know that I know.
Not everything is black and white, er... red, or cut and dried.
But there are absolutes.
I want to Know Him and His Truth.
Who HE is, who He wants me to be and what He calls it.
Knowing Him makes His Word way more than just another good book.

I want to learn it, live it, teach it...so that they will want to KNOW the author too...

Because the little boys in red shirts are growing up so fast.


Edit: sorry...this is a post from the archives, back when I really could call the oldest two, "little."
  I am trying this publishing to fb thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment